The Concordiensis

Study finds Union College among the hardest schools to get into in New York state

Union+was+named+the+17th+most+competitive+school+to+get+into+in+the+state+of+New+York.+Photo+by+Alex+Appel.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Union was named the 17th most competitive school to get into in the state of New York. Photo by Alex Appel.

Alex Appel, Editor in Chief

A recent study conducted by NICHE found Union to be the 17 hardest college in New York state to get accepted into. These rankings were based on acceptance rates and SAT/ACT scores. This list put Union beneath colleges like Hamilton College, Skidmore College and the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), and above schools such as Fordham University and Marist College.

On their profile of Union College, NICHE ranks it the 14 best college without an application fee in the United States and the 42 best liberal arts college in the nation.

For more information, please visit these links:

Union Hardest 17 school to get into: https://www.niche.com/colleges/search/hardest-to-get-in/s/new-york/

Union Profile: https://www.niche.com/colleges/union-college—new-york/

About the Writer
Alex Appel, News Editor

Alex Appel '21 is the News Editor for the Concordiensis. She is a History and Russian & Eastern European Cultural Studies double major with a Seward...

1 Comment

One Response to “Study finds Union College among the hardest schools to get into in New York state”

1. Hurmur Himmy Hur on May 10th, 2019 1:51 am

So it’s harder to get into SUNY, CUNY and AMDA than union? Wow. Union truly is “the rich kids community college.”

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The Student Newspaper of Union College