Student Leadership Fair Takes Over Nott

Shriya Biswas, 807 Editor

The campus life offices held an informational meeting to recruit students for various campus leadership positions available through their offices.

Attending this meeting in the Nott memorial were the International Advising office, ResLife, Student Success, Admissions, Becker Career Centre, Writing Center, Student Activities, Athletics and Recreation, Academic Opportunity Program (AOP,) Office of Violence against Women (OVW) Grant Project, First Year Experience, U-Journey, Community Standards, Science and Technology Entry Program (STEP), and Communications and Marketing. 

Aileen Schatz, Director of First Year Experience described to Concordiensis what she hoped students would gain from this event.  “We just wanted to provide a way for students to learn about the many leadership opportunities, some paid and some volunteer on campus… When you take on a leadership role, you learn collaboration, communication, and the skills that you can gain from being a leader will translate to so many different jobs, majors, and a really successful future.”

Of the offices represented at the event, several offices have upcoming deadlines for programs. The following is a list of deadlines and contacts to apply for several opportunities at the fair. 

Upcoming Deadlines:

Orientation & Pre-Orientation Leader Positions: January 29, 2023 

For more information visit the U-Engage website or contact – [email protected]

U-Journey Internship Application: January 31, 2023

For more information contact- [email protected]

OVU Grant Project: February 1,  2023