Senior Spotlight: Ben Weinstein

Ben Weinstein

Q: What made you choose Union College?

A: I was recruited to play soccer. I did a visit and overnight on campus and instantly fell in love with the school. The people were so great that I met and everyone expressed how great Union really was.

Q: What have you been involved in on campus?

A: Four years on Men’s Soccer Team, President of Garnet Group (Union College Student Investment Fund), President of Wall Street Leadership Academy, Senior Admissions Intern, Two-Time Dean’s List, Sigma Chi Vice President, Union College Greek Man of The Year 2019, ODK Leadership Society, ODE Economics Society, STD English Society, Order of Omega Society President, Study Mini-Term Abroad in Cape Town, South Africa, Economics Professor Interviewer, Sinai Scholars Society, Interfraternity Council, Union College Misconduct Board.

Q: What is your favorite memory from your time at Union?

A: There is nothing better than spending time with my friends whether it be in Reamer grabbing some food, studying on the 2nd floor of the library or just sitting together and watching TV together.

Q: What is one thing you will miss about Union?

A: I will miss the people. The people are what make the place and Union is so special for the people.

Q: How are you spending your quarantine?

A: Enjoying the company of my family.

Q: If you had the option to return to the campus right now, what is the first thing you’d do?

A: Be with my friends, doing something fun or athletic.

Q: Who’s one person you’re grateful to have met at Union?

A: Professor Meade and Assistant Athletic Trainer Brandon Perry.

Q: Any encouraging words for those who are just beginning their journey at Union College?

A: Take advantage of everything Union has to offer. There are some really amazing events the school puts on and it’s very fun to be involved in the community. If you ski or want to learn, go sign up with the ski club! Basically free lift tickets is so cool.

Q: Is there anything else you would like to share with us?

A: Post Graduation Plans: I will be working at Evercore after graduation, which is an investment bank in NYC doing equity research sales.